Top 10 Tips to Preventing Stretch Marks
Preventing stretch marks
Although most people think only pregnant women can get stretch marks, the reality is both men and women can develop them for any number of reasons. For example, body builders and anyone who experiences rapid weight gain can develop the unsightly scars.
Because people often feel a bit embarrassed by this unattractive skin demarcation, they seek to find ways to minimize the look of their stretch marks. Even better than stretch mark removal however, is the knowledge to keep them from forming.
Everyone has their own old wives remedy for preventing stretch marks, also known as skin striae, but there are a few tried and true methods that one can utilize to keep them stretch marks at bay.
- Barring a genetic predisposition, a pregnant woman can prevent stretch marks with a combination of cocoa butter, vitamin E or sweet almond oil. Rubbed on her belly on a daily basis, a cream that contains these ingredients can be effective in preventing stretch marks during pregnancy.
- One should keep hydrated and drink lots of water during pregnancy or when bodybuilding. This keeps the skin resilient and lessens the chances of tearing elastin layers.
- Eat healthy and manage your weight – sudden weight gain can contribute to stretch marks because the skin cannot bounce back after the rapid growth.
- Consume foods that are rich in zinc or add a zinc supplement to your diet as this metal will soften the skin and make it suppler.
- Visit a dermatologist to see what they would advise to diminish the odds of developing stretch marks.
- Regularly massage those areas that will most likely scar with vitamin enriched oils.
- Bath salts and other exfoliating substances should be rubbed over the skin to keep the blood circulation up. This aids in preventing the conditions prevalent in stretch mark creation.
- Walk and exercise can help keep the blood circulation up and protects the skin, making it more elastic.
- Pace your work out routine - bodybuilders who develop stretch marks do so because of rapid gains - building steadily will reduce the likelihood of deeply ingrained striae.
- Of course, another tip that is useful is to find a cream that is specifically formulated for the prevention of stretch marks.
Stretch Mark Cream
There are many creams available on the market for such stretch marks, but most are impostors to the throne of best stretch mark cream. If you want to prevent stretch marks, investigate these area specific products prior to purchase.
Stretch marks are unsightly and hard to get rid of, and can be a great cause of embarrassment. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so if you wish to ensure you won't develop these scars, follow the above tips and make sure you find the best stretch mark cream on the market. Read our stretch mark cream reviews.
We tested all the leading stretch mark removal creams. See which ones are most effective for stretch mark removal and which creams are a waste of money..